Endless shaving and waxing is not only time- consuming, potentially causing ingrown hair and red bumps, but also the cost adds up over time. Laser hair removal is the safest and fastest way to permanently remove unwanted body hair.
We use Elite+ from cynosure. This treatment offers quick, easy and customized laser hair removal using smart technology. You can now permanently reduce unwanted hair with a treatment personalized to your specific skin type.
We guide our laser hair removal device over the treatment area, directing laser wave over the targeted body hair. The light heats the hair and damages the follicle, after two weeks, you will notice the hair will start to fall off. over time the follicle is destroyed and unable to grow new hair. This treatment is safe for all skin types, including light and dark skin and most hair colors.
Area of treatment:
- Upper lip
- Brazilian (bikini line)
- Feet/ toes
How should you prepare before coming to your laser hair removal appointment?
- Stop using hair removing cream or waxing two weeks before the appointments.
- Do not bleach hair two weeks ahead.
- Avoid any sunburns or excessive sun exposure two weeks prior to your treatment.
- Avoid sun tanning or self- tanning creams.
- Patients must shave the area they are going to treat the morning of or the night before.
A consultation is setup to understand a patient’s requirements and target area(s). Whether it’s the underarms, legs, bikini area, or all of the above, a specialist will analyze the region before deciding on a treatment plan.
The procedure will take place over the course of six to eight treatments. Each session is spread 6-8 weeks apart to maximize efficiency. Larger areas such as the legs and back require 5-6 treatments spread 8-12 weeks apart following the hair growth pattern.
Before your laser hair removal treatment, protective eye shields will be placed over your eyes to prevent eye damage. A cool gel is applied to the treatment area to protect your skin and lessen the risk of side effects.
Each session will be around 30-60 minutes depending on the patient’s skin, hair, and the area of treatment.
To ensure the results are as expected, the clinic and its specialists implement the use of high-powered wavelengths to reduce hair growth. These wavelengths are impactful, safe, and efficient.
What are the potential side effects for this treatment?
- DISCOMFORT– Some discomfort may be experienced during laser treatment.
- BRUISING/SWELLING– With some patients, bruising of the treated area may occur. It should go away in two weeks.
- SKIN PIGMENT CHANGES– During the healing process, there is a slight possibility that the treated area can become either lighter or darker in color compared to the surrounding skin. This is usually temporary and should subside within few weeks.
- Apply cold (not frozen) packs immediately after treatment, to cool the treatment site, reduce swelling and ease discomfort.
- Patients should use a high factor (30–50 SPF) sunblock and protect the treated area from exposure to sunlight for at least one month following treatment. Tanning after treatment sessions may enhance melanin regeneration, which may result in hyperpigmentation.
Patients should return 4 to 5 weeks after treatment for the first 6 treatments to ensure the best results.